Snail Mail Fun!

I participated in the C.R.A.F.T. blog's package pals program last month and it was SO MUCH FUN!  Here's the deal: you sign up to be part of the program, Jamie pairs you up with someone cool, you make gifts for each other, the gifts go in the mail.  How much fun is that?  It combines two of my favorite things: crafting, and getting mail.  Neato!

I was paired up with Lizzie - you should check out her cool paper crafting blog!  I already posted earlier this week about the Hello Kitty Mitts that I made for her.  I also made her some cool buttons of all her favorite things and a nifty box decoupaged with an old sci-fi pulp fiction cover.  Did I take a picture? ....no.  *D'oh!*

But, I took pictures of all the fantastic stuff Lizzie sent me!  It was a whole box jam packed with awesome.... even the box was awesome, check it out:


Why yes, that IS a box covered in glitter!!  I'm sure the mail carrier loved it!

And now, the contents....


Can you believe there was that much awesomeness in this box??  Get a load of all the great Hello Kitty stuff!  And look at the amazing hand made card she made me, sitting on top of the box...  I meant to take a closeup of the card, but apparently I didn't....

Here is the darling necklace she made me, which I wore to work last Friday and got tons of compliments!


I love this gorgeous altered mini composition book she made me:


And guess who doesn't have to buy Christmas cards this year??  Me!  'Cuz the ever-talented Lizzie made me some!

... finally, the BIG present is my very own Smash Book and a ton of supplies to fill it up with - lots of little embellishments, stickers, glitter, the works!



Now I need to study Lizzie's blog very closely to learn how to Smash!  I'm so excited to try it out!

Package Pals was so much fun!  Thank you Jamie for putting this exchange together!  I can't wait to do it next time too!!

Labels: