Weekend Update

My creative juices were flowing this weekend, but not exactly in a knitty way, so I spent a lot of time this weekend on other crafty pursuits such as scrapbooking and button making.  Still, I got some work done on my brother's scarf on Saturday.  I finished up the "s" and got started on the "m" in "smokinskip" (Yes!  I have a lot of letters to go!)  Here is a pic of my progress so far:


So far, working the "intarsia" in the round isn't going too badly.  I put "intarsia" in quotes because I'm actually stranding the yarn behind the work, but I'm knitting it "flat" and then connecting the ends together with wrapped stitches, as per the instructions for intarsia in the round.  The joined areas were looking a little sloppy, but I found a little trick that works for me:  on the first stitch of the row you are purling, pick up a leg of the stitch underneath the first stitch and purl it together with that first stitch.  This tightened up the tension for me to make it a much smoother join.  You can still tell there is a "seam" there, but it's not very noticeable. (I used a lot of quotes in that paragraph, no?  Clearly I'm not 100% sure of the terminology of what I'm doing here.  I just know that it works.)

Oh, and, working from a color chart can be hard.  That's why I have a special helper to help me read the chart.  She sits on it, then tells me what to knit.  Works flawlessly...


Purrr.....


Labels: , ,