FO: Diagonal Lace Socks

Hooray for my first pair of toe-up socks!  This was a super-simple knit and I think they turned out really cute.  I enjoyed knitting toe-up because it was really easy to size the foot, but I wouldn't really say that I'm a total convert now.  I never thought that knitting top-down was really a problem, so knitting toe-up doesn't really solve any issues.  Still, it was fun to try something new.  And isn't this yarn pretty?  I'm such a fan of these tonal yarns from Knit Picks.


And here is a close-up of the lace pattern:



yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Springtime Tonal
Fingering Weight
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
dye lot 01759
Washing Instructions: machine wash, tumble dry low
$7.99 for 100 g /462 yd ball



project details
pattern: "Diagonal Lace Socks" by Wendy D. Johnson, available for free here.
size: Medium

finished measurements: leg of sock above heel flap is 5.75'', leg of sock from bottom of heel is 8'', foot length is just shy of 8'', circumference of foot and leg is apprx 7.5''
gauge: 16 st x 24 rows over 2'' in stockinette (this is, amazingly, the same gauge the pattern calls for, but that's mostly just a coincidence, as I didn't swatch...)
needles: size 2 dpns (set of 5, bamboo)
yarn used: 0.7 skeins = 323 yards
time span: January 2012 – March 2012

notes

Labels: ,