Weekend Update - Baby Blanket Edition

I spent the entire day yesterday knitting up a storm and marathoning season 2 of Buffy.  I have decided to go ahead with the baby blanket as planned.  I was a little unsure about both the color and the pattern, but I talked to the mom-to-be last weekend and she said that the baby's bedding is green, so the color would be okay.  As for the pattern, I still wasn't sure about it but I decided to knit on anyway.  Now that I'm almost half way through and the pattern has had a chance to develop more, I can see that it's really not that bad.  It's definitely not the best baby blanket I've ever knitted, but I think it's going to be cute and functional, and that's really all it needs to be.  And, yes, I know.  I still owe you a picture.....

FYI, the pattern is called "Treasured Baby Blanket" and it's a Lion Brand pattern.  It's supposed to be knitted in their cashmere yarn, but... seriously?  Who knits a cashmere baby blanket??  I'm using Knit Picks Comfy yarn in honeydew- it's a soft cotton blend that is machine-washable and perfect for baby gear.  I got to the half-way point in the blanket and decided I wanted it to be a little bigger so I'm adding an extra pattern repeat to the center.  I bought lots of extra yarn for this project, so I think it will be okay.

In other news, I just placed a huge order over at Knit Picks!  I can't wait for my new goodies to come!

Labels: ,