Reinforcements Have Arrived

Yay!  My Knit Picks order got here yesterday!  And look what they sent me....  a kitty!!


Ha ha, just kidding.  Roxy just LOVES boxes.  Here's what they really sent me:


As you can see, I'm now the proud owner of a pair of sock blockers.  I think that's my favorite thing in the order.  I also broke down and finally bought some Soak wash for my knits.  I usually just wash them with Woolite, but I've heard so many good things about Soak, and I like that you don't have to rinse it out.

... and what's in the back there?  Yes, I bought a set of foam blocking squares.  I love my blocking board because it has the measuring grid on it, but it's a pain when longer items like scarfs don't fit on the board.  The only problem now is that I'm going to have to figure out where to set these babies up in a place where Roxy can't get to them.  I know she'd just love to sink her claws into that nice soft foam.  Aren't kitties + knitting always a challenge?

Finally, I got the yarn for my brother's scarf and an extra cable and set of needles for my interchangeable circular set.  Funny story: I've had the set for at least two years now but I've never used the size 9 needles, until a few weeks ago when I grabbed them to swatch something and realized that KP screwed up and gave me two sets of size 8 and no size 9 in my kit.  Boo!!  I thought about contacting them to see if they'd give me some size 9 needles, but, honestly, it just sounded like more trouble than it was worth, so I paid the $5 to just get the size 9 needles and be done with it.

Labels: , ,