Knitting on the Brain

I feel an extremely strong urge to knit right now.  Unfortunately, I can't knit because I'm at work.  :(  Boo!!  Once I had a job where we frequently had nothing to do and I they let me knit during the slow periods.  That was awesome.  I knit an entire pair of socks on the clock!  That was a pretty horrible job, but I look back on it fondly today....

My brother has been requesting that I knit him a scarf for quite a long time, and he made a particularly heart-felt plea for it again last week, so I finally decided I will do it.  I've been hesitant because I knit him a bag once and he didn't really like it, but I'm hopeful this time it will be different.  He requested a purple and black scarf that says "smokinskip" on it (that's his nickname).  I ordered the yarn this weekend, so as soon as it gets here, I'll swatch it up and then get to work charting out the color work.  I think I'm going to knit the scarf in the round as just a long tube - then I don't have to worry about keeping the wrong side neat-looking.  (I suppose another other option would be to try double knitting it, but I've never done that before and I'm not sure I want to start now?)

Labels: ,