Almost Finished!

I'm almost finished with the fan shawl!  Hooray!  I knit like crazy this weekend and finished up the half fans on the top of the shawl, then yesterday I spent at least a good hour picking up approximately a million stitches across the top for the border!  The border calls for 5 rows of garter stitch.  I have one row completed and I'll finish up the rest this week.  I have been doing my best to stop and weave in the ends as I go on this shawl, but I will still have quite a bit of weaving left to do once I finish up the border (all the ends from the top row of fans... sixteen, I think?).  After that, I'm going to attempt to block it, though I think that will mostly be an exercise in futility.

Really not loving this project.  I'm going to place an order with Knit Picks this weekend to get the supplies for the replacement shawl!!  I have another baby blanket coming up which I'm thinking about knitting in Shine, so I need to decide on that before I place my order, so I can group stuff together to qualify for free shipping.  I've knit my last two baby blankets out of Berocco Comfort, which was cozy, but I want to try something new.  
I'm also thinking about buying some lace blocking wires from Knit Picks.  Has anyone out there used them?  Are they helpful?

Labels: ,