My Next Project

So, I've decided that I hate the fan shawl I'm making for my mom.  :(  I'm still going to finish it and I'll still give it to her, but I'm going to make a new one to replace it, one made with real lace yarn instead of the crap I'm using now.*  I thought about making a pie shawl, but I think I'll go with a simple stole.  I like this one from Knit Picks, using their Aloft yarn.  If it were up to me, I'd make it out of Tarragon.  Pretty!  But because mom is boring, I'll use black.  (Just kidding, Mom!  You're not boring, just practical!)

I've been feeling really down about the shawl not going well.  Now I'm excited to know that I will be replacing it with something awesome!!

*OK, to be fair, the yarn I'm making the fan shawl out of isn't crap in general.  It's just crap for this project.  Crap, crap, crap!!

Labels: , , ,