FO: Riverrun Scarf

I was so inspired by the beautiful color changes in Knit Picks' Chroma yarn back when it first came out that I  couldn't help but purchase a skein, not knowing what I would knit with it.  I considered knitting it up into socks, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I hit Ravelry and found this great scarf pattern that is made just for pretty yarns like Noro or Chroma.  Once I started knitting it, I couldn't stop!  Eric was away for the long weekend and so I spent three days straight marathoning Buffy and Dollhouse, feverishly knitting away.... fun!!

I couldn't get a good pic of myself wearing the scarf, so here it is folded up all pretty.  If you could see me wearing it, you'd see that it's a little on the short side.  It is knit horizontally, so I had to decide how long it would be when I cast on - no way to add length later.  The pattern says that you can cast on more stitches if you want to make it longer, but I was worried if I did that I would run out of yarn, so I stuck with the basic pattern... then, of course, it turns out that I had tons of yarn leftover and could have made it much longer!!  *sigh*  Isn't just that the way life goes sometimes?

yarn details
Knit Picks Chroma Fingering in Mix Tape 
Fingering Weight
700% Wool, 30% Nylon
dye lot 8
Hand wash / dry flat
$9.99 per 100 g /396 yd ball 


project details
pattern: "Riverrun" by Erin McNellis, free at http://doublepointed.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/new-pattern-riverrun
size: 57'' long X 5.5''wide
needles: size 6 nickle-plated circular 
yarn used: 0.65 ball (about 257 yards)
time span: March 24 - March 26, 2012

notes 

Labels: , , ,