Weekend Knitting Report

I spent basically the whole day yesterday obsessively working on a new knitting project: the riverrun scarf. I purchased some chroma fingering weight yarn a while back from knitpicks, intending to knit socks with it, but I just haven't been able to find a sock pattern for it that I could get really excited over. Then I was browsing on Ravelry yesterday morning and found this puppy. Though it's a little crazy to knit a scarf this time of the year, I'm enjoying the project. I'm already almost half-way through it. I'm afraid all of my well laid plans to clean the house this weekend may have gone out the window... here's a pic:

In other news, I finished my diagonal lace socks yesterday. I tried Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off and it was indeed surprisingly stretchy. So much so, in fact, that I ripped out the bind off from the first sock and redid it with Jeny's method. I'll post an FO post for the socks when I get around to it.

Finally, I have been working on a shawl for my mom. I planned to do some serious work on it this weekend, but I got distracted by the scarf instead. Nevertheless, here is a picture I took a few weeks ago. I've done much more work on it since then, but this gives you a sense of what it looks like. It's a modular knit, which is new for me. It's kind of a pain in the ass to pick up new stitches all the time, but it's also nice to be able to work each piece a little at a time instead of having hundreds of stitches on the needles and working 10 minute rows (which is what I'm facing with the scarf right now and not loving it). Anyway, as I was saying, here' a picture:


So that's my weekend update. Off to do more knitting! Ta ta!

Labels: , , ,