FO: Monkey Socks II

So, we all know that I'm not a huge fan of variegated yarn, but I loved the way it knitted up in my Monkey Socks and that was enough to make me want to give it a second chance... in another pair of Monkey Socks! I have long admired the Imagination line of handpainted sock yarns from Knit Picks so I decided to finally try some out. I have to admit that I liked this colorway better on the computer screen than in real life, but overall I'm a fan of the yarn. This was my first time knitting with handpainted yarn and I have a little pooling around the gussets on the socks, which sucks, but it's pretty much unavoidable (unless you want to use two skeins of yarn and alternate each row... which I don't!) So, here is a pic of the finished socks. I think the lace looks pretty cool in the darker yarn:


yarn details
Knit Picks Imagination Hand Painted Sock Yarn in Seven Dwarves
Fingering Weight
50% Merino Wool, 25% Superfine Alpaca, 25% Nylon
dye lot 09925
Hand wash only.
$6.79 per 50 g /219 yd hank


project details
pattern: "Monkey" by Cookie A, free in the Winter 2006 issue of Knitty at http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html
size: women's medium
needles: size 2 bamboo dpns
yarn used: 1.37 skeins (about 300 yards)
time span: November 2011 - January 2012

notes

Labels: , , ,