Sheldino is back!

Once upon a time I decided to knit 3 Sheldon turtles for my niece and nephews: Sheldon, Sheldina, and Sheldino. Sheldon is green, Sheldina is pink, and Sheldino is blue and was supposed to be smaller than the other two since he was for the baby (not such a baby any more...) The Sheldino project involved a lot of complicated knitting math to resize the pattern, so, naturally, it got shelved for four years.

Anyway, I've been feeling a little sad lately and I decided yesterday that it might cheer me up to knit a little friend, so I figured it was time to resurrect Sheldino. I was still in no mood to deal with the math, so I just frogged what I had and started over using the original pattern dimensions. I am using smaller needles, so hopefully he will come out a little smaller than the others. If not, no loss. At least he will exist.

I'm not sure if I'll still be giving these to my nephews and niece, as I've become rather attached to Sheldon and Sheldina sitting on my shelf for the past few years. Plus, there is now a second niece, which would seem to demand a fourth turtle. Who knows what the future will hold for this little turtle family??

Labels: , ,