Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I've got a BO problem....

I finished up my first diagonal lace sock and I've got to say, I'm really unhappy with the bind off - it is way too tight! I guess that's the danger of knitting toe-up: you have to bind off on the widest part of the leg. I originally planned to do a tubular BO. In fact, I originally did a tubular BO, but it looked really funky so I unpicked the whole thing (not a fun task!) and I decided I would be fine with a standard BO if I did it really loosely. Well, I did it as loose as I could and even used a size 5 needle (4 sizes up from my project needles), but it is still really tight on my leg and tight when I pull the sock on. This is disappointing since I was really loving these socks. I probably won't knit any more toe-up socks in the future because of this issue. If I do, I will be sure to do the tubular BO, even if it looks funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment