Baby's first magic cast on!

Since I am currently obsessed with knitting socks, I decided it's time that I try to knit some toe-up. Yesterday I grabbed some lovely yarn and did my first magic cast on! Yay! Observe:


The CO itself really wasn't that hard, but it was a little challenging to knit the first few rows because the stitches were pretty tight. I followed these instructions from Knitty, as recommended in the pattern I got from an old issue of Interweave Knits - Knotty or Knice Socks.

However, on the sad side, I think I may end up abandoning these socks because the cable pattern is already getting on my nerves and I haven't even made it through one repeat. Maybe I will rip it out, but try to preserve the toe and pick another toe-up pattern. Here is what I have done so far.

It feels like a shame to rip this out, especially since I'm so proud of my cast on. I'm really undecided because the finished socks look so cute and I could really use more experience with cables, but on the other hand, I'm not really in the mood for a "hurts so good" project right now.

Labels: , , , , , ,