Thursday, August 18, 2011

I was right...

I was right, those socks were way too big! I finished the top ribbing and had him try it on and there was at least a good inch of slack, even around the widest part of his calf. This is a little frustrating because I took the time to do a gauge swatch and I still had fit problems! Arg! Anyway, I had trouble deciding between going down a needle size or keeping the size 2 needles and going with the pattern instructions for a smaller size. I ultimately decided to keep the needles and knit the next size down. I spent all night reknitting the cuff and had Eric try it on again and it fits much better. It is still just slightly loose but I think he will prefer a looser fitting sock. As much as it sucked to start over, I guess the one good thing is that I got to fix my cast on mistake and do a cable cast on this time. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment