FO: Jaywalkers

The knitters on Ravelry.com have knitted Grumperina’s Jaywalker socks 8,570 times… and I can see why! I love, love, LOVE the pattern. It is super easy to memorize and is no more mentally tasking than just knitting plain stockinette, but the resulting socks are so much more impressive! My favorite thing about this pattern is that it’s easy to find your place when you pick up the project so it’s really something that you can keep in your bag and peck away at a few minutes at a time on the bus, in waiting rooms, on your lunch break, etc.

The only thing that I don’t like about these socks is that I ended up giving them away!! The pair of socks that I was knitting for my mom turned into a painful lesson in swatching and so she got these instead, which I was originally knitting for myself. I thought the striped yarn might be a little wild for her, but she loves it. Speaking of the yarn, I love, love, LOVE it too! It is Knit Pick’s Felici self-striping and it is SO soft and comes in the best colors!

It is always so refreshing when you finish up a knitting project that you love. Not just love for the finished product, but love for the process as well. I really enjoy knitting, but some projects can be a real pain in the ass. Particularly, I have run into quite a few terribly written patterns lately with really confusing instructions. So I want to thank Grumperina for writing a great pattern! She has the perfect level of detail in these instructions – she doesn’t overcomplicate what is really a simple pattern, nor does she give sketchy instructions on the assumption that we can figure out such a simple pattern ourselves.



yarn details
Knit Picks Felici in Green Veggies
Fingering Weight
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
dye lot 51897 Machine wash/Tumble dry low $4.49 per 50 g /218 yd ball

project details

pattern: "Jaywalker" by Grumperina, available as a free Ravelry download http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jaywalker#
szie: small (8’’ foot circumference)
needles: size 2 bamboo dpns
yarn used:
1.7 skeins (about 370 yards) time span: January 20, 2011 – April 21, 2011

notes

Labels: , , , ,