Baby Socks FROM HELL!

Seriously - I hate everything about these baby socks that I'm making. I have been obsessed with them this weekend and they are cursed. The pattern is crazy - it has you doing a short row toe - exactly the same as the short row heel, which is crazy on these teeny tiny socks! Then, the needles I'm using are really long for some reason and I'm afraid I'm going to poke my eyes out. Finally, the yarn SUCKS!! It keeps breaking at random intervals every few rows and the socks are full of weak spots where one ply of the yarn broke but I forged ahead anyway. This yarn thing makes me very sad because it is the prettiest color but just truly awful in every other way. I remember I bought it on a clearance table and I was so sad that it was the only ball they had because I loved the color so much - now I'm glad I didn't stock up on the stuff. Anyway, baby socks = evil. I finished one this morning but I'm not even going to knit the mate. The only reason I finished this one was out of pure stubbornness. I wasn't going to let that lame little baby sock get the best of me!! Anyway, I still want to knit socks for all the babies in my life but I'm going to have to find a new pattern because this one just isn't cutting it (plus new yarn and new needles...).

Labels: , ,