New Project!

The brother and sister not-in-law are having a baby which means only one thing... baby blanket! Yay! I have been procrastinating a bit on getting started with it, but I bought the yarn on Thursday and did some swatching and casted on this morning. The blanket has a cute heart lace pattern and then a lacey border that is knit separately and sewn on at the end. I originally casted on with a cable cast on because I thought it would be good to have a little stretch, but then I was afraid that such a sturdy cast on would make it hard to sew the edging on later so I started over with a long-tail cast on and I think that's going to be a lot easier to sew. I have a bad habit of making my long tail cast ons too tight but I did my best here to make it nice and loose.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my swatch:

p.s. I'm proud of myself for swatching! I even tried two needle sizes and decided to go with a larger needle than the pattern suggests.

Labels: ,