FO: Classy Slip-Up Socks

These are my first pair of “real” socks – that is, socks made with actual sock yarn and tiny needles. They took me forever to knit because this is kind of a slow-going stitch pattern and I had to unknit and frog and cry a lot, but I love the results! They fit me like a glove and are super warm and cozy.

Here are some pics:


and a close up:
yarn details
Berroco Comfort Sock in Dusk (1731)
Fingering Weight
50% super fine nylon, 50% super fine acrylic
dye lot V1172
Washing Instructions: machine wash, do not bleach, do not iron
$8.00 for 100 g /447 yd ball @ Windsor Button


project details
pattern: "Classy Slip-Up Socks" by Betsy Lee McCarthy in Knit Socks.
size: one-size (women's large)
gauge: 28 stitches and 45 rows over 4'' in stockinette (measured after several wears and washes...)
needles: size 2 dpns (set of 5, bamboo)
yarn used: 0.73 skeins = 326 yards
time span: January 2009 – September 2010 (yikes!)

notes

Labels: , , ,