No, I'm not dead

My goodness it's been a while since I've posted!! I've been on a semi-knitting hiatus I suppose, as often happens in the summer. Plus, I started a new job with exhausting hours staring at a computer screen so getting home and staring at tiny knitting needles isn't exactly my idea of a good time. When I first started the gig back in April I could knit at work while my computer processed large files but management eventually discovered the big productivity loophole there and created a different system for processing. C'est la vie. I guess I can't really be mad at them for expecting me to actually work when I'm at work.

Anyway, I've been back at it lately since the weather has cooled down. Most notably, I'm making a baby blanket for my brother's newest little one! Yay! It's supposed to be a secret but I don't think they read this blog so my secret is safe with you. I've also really been enjoying my classy socks that I finished up in September. They are perfect on these cold New England mornings in my new place (yes, I moved!) So, I've been obsessively knitting another pair of socks this week so I can have more hand-knit socky goodness. I'm making the Monkey socks from the winter 2006 Knitty. The yarn is just Berroco Comfort Sock again but the colorway is fantastic. Loving them so far! Here's a quick pic then I'm signing off for now:


Peace out homies!

Labels: , , , , ,