Why I Hate My Life

There are many reasons why I could hate my life. There's the six months of unemployment, the ten pounds I've gained since summer, the temp guy who is totally jerking me around, my upsetting credit card balance, my very naughty kitty cat... should I go on? No, there's no need to go on, because if you ask me right now why I hate my life the answer is BECAUSE I HAVE TEN MILLION YARN ENDS TO WEAVE IN ON THIS STUPID SHAWL!!!!

I've been meaning to knit this Grandiflora shawl as a gift for my parents since I bought the yarn in the spring of 2008. I finally casted on at the beginning of this November in hopes of giving it to them as a Christmas gift but I'm still not finished. (Though I have to give myself a pat on the back for knitting it this quickly - it was some pretty detail-oriented stuff). So here's the thing, now I'm finished knitting but I'm just beginning the finishing! ARG!! I hate finishing! Whah!

Here's what I've got:

Do you see all those little bows tied up on it? These:
There are 28 of those little bows. Each of them contains two pieces of yarn that I have to weave in. Then there are the cast on and cast off tails. That's 58 ends to weave in. Into lace. What on earth was I thinking when I chose this project?

So far I have 8 done, 50 to go. I arbitrarily picked February 15 as my deadline for finishing this task. I picked that date 14 days ago and I have only done 8 ends since then... all of them yesterday. Will she do it?? Who knows!

(And I may be getting ahead of myself here, but how in the hell am I going to block this monster?)

Labels: , ,