Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fini!

I finished up Rusted Root! I've got to say - not my favorite project!! I think it's a little too tight and I'm not sure about the purl row on top of these weird puff sleeves. Also, the tight BO on the bottom is driving me crazy! I might rip it out and try again, but I already tried to do it loose the first time - I don't know how to make it any looser.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Post #2!


Here is a pic of the progress on my tie-back shell. I knit it as long as the pattern suggested, but I have a feeling I'm going to want it longer (yarn supply permitting), so I left the hem stitches on a piece of ribbon just in case.

Whoah!

Holy crap it's been a long time since my last post!! Honestly, I haven't been knitting a whole lot lately. I don't know why, I've just been in sort of a funk.

Anyway, I finally finished up my Rusted Root yesterday. I've been almost done with it for a long time, but I was pissed off at binding off my ribbing because it was too tight so I gave it the silent treatment for a while. I ended up leaving the tight BO on the bottom edge, but I modified the ribbing on the sleeves and neckline to a 1X1 rib and did a tubular BO to keep it stretchy. (My first tubular BO! Yay!) It's on the blocking board now, we'll see how it turns out. This has certainly not been my favorite project. I think all the negative feelings it has given me has been part of why I haven't been knitting a lot. Too much stress!

Here's a pic: