Progress Report: Rusted Root

To update since my last post on the matter- I did indeed frog my whole Rusted Root sweater and start over to fix the lace pattern (nearly 200 yards frogged!!) I added a few extra increases/rows before I separated the sleeves and the problem with the tight armholes is now much better. They are still pretty snug, but I didn't want to go too crazy because this puppy is cotton, so I know it will stretch itself out.

I've been working extra hard to catch up on this piece and I'm proud to announce that I'm at least 70% done now! Yay! See for yourself:


I think I'm going to add some hip shaping at this point so the sweater doesn't pull quite so snugly across my belly. I didn't do any really dramatic waist shaping, so I don't want to go too crazy with the hip shaping, but I need something in there or I'll feel self conscious and never wear this thing. Which would be a shame, because I think it's really cute!

p.s. Why am I suddenly leaning to one side in all my pictures? Posture, young lady!

Labels: