Tess Therapy

I've been really blue lately and unfortunately I'm in that place where I'm afraid to go to bed because as soon as I'm alone in the dark I start to cry. :( Anyway, I've been staying up until like 2 or 3 in the morning this week just watching TV and stuff. Last night I decided I might as well be semi-productive and work on Tess while I was avoiding the inevitable. I got about 10 rows done, which is like amazing since they are pretty damn long! I'm a little over half-way through the increases now, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm really happy with the way the increases are looking. I've been incorporating them into the lace by creating eyelets when I don't have enough stitches to complete the pattern in the increase area. They are blending in very well. If you are closely examining it you can tell that the lace gets a little loose, but I imagine I'm going to be the only person to ever look at it that closely.

I tried it on because I was a little worried about those weird increases but it looks like it's going to be okay. My chest measures about 32'' (which is the size I'm knitting) and it's going to end up being about 34'' when I'm done with the increases, plus the button band is pretty wide. I examined the picture though and it looks like it has a decent about of positive ease, plus I'll be wearing it over a shirt, so I think it will be okay. Also, having it a little bigger will ensure that the buttons don't make gaps across my chest, which is a very good thing.

In other news, I must finish the hexacomb cardigan!! It's getting ridiculous. Maybe I will do that tonight? Though I generally like to do finishing in the daylight. I don't know why, I just think it helps.

Labels: , ,