Speed Demon

One day soon I am going to post a little list of knitting resolutions for 2009, but a little sneak preview is that I want to learn how to knit faster. (I think I already mentioned this a few days ago).

Several days ago Knit Picks sent out an email talking about speed knitting and they posted a video of the world's fastest knitter. Holy crap! She is amazing!! I don't aim to knit anywhere near that fast, but I'd like to pick up the pace. Here are some of her tips:

1. Knit continental style (boo!)
2. Keep all your movements to a minimum (her hands barely looked like they were moving at all)
3. Practice by setting a timer for three minutes and see how fast you can go
4. Keep your arms relaxed

She also had kind of a special hold, you can see it in the video, if you are so inclined. Here it is:

Labels: ,