Update

Big Sock Progress!
So, I'm already 5'' into the second so-called sassy sock - I went to visit Christina this weekend so I had a ton of time to knit on the train. I hate this yarn, BTW! It is so scratchy and nasty. And the colors are hideous. They looked cute when I bought the yarn, but now I just think they look obnoxious.


Facing the Music on Cardigan Finishing
Also, on Sunday morning I picked up all the stitches for the neckband on the hexacomb cardigan. Can you say headache!! Oh dear - it took me an hour and a half - most of that was doing the math to figure out how to space the stitches evenly along the neckline. I ended up picking up one stitch for every horizontal stitch and then 3 out of every 4 on the vertical stretched. The way I had it all calculated, I would have ended up with 120, just like the pattern called for. In reality, I have 112 stitches: 20 on the right front, 24 on the right shoulder, 28 on the back, 21 going around the left shoulder, and 18 on the left front. Those numbers were supposed to be 19, 26, 30, 26, and 19. Nevertheless, I think it still looks even enough, it's laying flat, which is probably the most important thing.

New Sock Project
I bought some new sock yarn today at Windsor Button. Nothing fancy, just Berroco Comfort Sock, but it felt really soft! It's gray. I prefer not to go color-blind this time around. I'm going to knit the Classy Slip-Up socks from Knit Socks! (I thought since sassy wasn't working out so well, I'd try to go the classy route). This is the same book that I got my first sock pattern out of and I think those turned out great. I'm leaving for Utah tomorrow and I thought it would be nice to have a pair of socks to work on during the flight (a pair that I don't hate, that is). That way I won't have to lug a big project on board.

FYI: this is the first time I have bought yarn in 118 days! And I stopped shopping after I picked up the one ball I went to buy. Hooray for being stash-conscious!

I think that's all my knitting news to wrap up the weekend. It's been so nice to have a chance to knit now that finals are over! Yay! (I should be packing tonight, but I suspect I'll be swatching for the new sock project...)

Labels: , , , ,