Progress on the elephant

Yesterday I had every intention of doing many productive things, but it rained all day so I knitted and watched Deep Space Nine all day. I've been moping lately. It needs to stop. Today is my super productive day - I am only taking a wee blog break here!

So, I am almost finished with the elephant head! I am ready to start the decreases to close up the top of his head. Before I do that I need to stuff what I have so far, which takes me back to the part of stuffy knitting that I hate. His whole trunk needs to be filled up with pellets, so I think I'm going to go ahead and fetch the needle and thread this time and sew nylon to the inside kind of like a lining. I'll just tack it down, nothing big, but I think that will be the best way to go.

I hate getting to this part because you partially stuff the whole thing then you have to keep knitting while the thing is full of stuffing so it's just really awkward. I'd love to finish the head tonight, but as I previously mentioned, I need to be super productive on the homework front. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I made his trunk and head a little bit longer than I did on my mom's elephant. I'm hoping that will make him stand up a little straighter.

p.s. here is a picture of Roxy helping:

Labels: , ,