FO: Little Sweet Baby Blanket

I know I was so worried I wasn't going to get this blanket finished before the mom-to-be left on maternity leave so you will all be pleased to know that I made it in time. When I gave the blanket to her it was the sweetest thing ever - one of my best knitting moments to date. Tears welled up in her eyes and she just couldn't believe that I had taken the time and effort to make a handmade gift for her baby. It's not that often that the recipients of our knits truly appreciate all the work that went into an item, so I was just so touched and joyful that she appreciated all the love that went into that project.

I'm also happy that she loved the blanket as much as I did! It really turned out super cute. The yarn is SO soft and it knitted up into such a cool multi-dimensional fabric. The drape is a little heavy for it to be something you would actually wrap a baby up in, but it will be perfect to throw on the floor for the baby to play on because it is really cushy.

As you can see, my model Joe Cow likes the blanket for cuddling and for playing, and he never once complained about the color pink threatening his manhood. He is such an enlightened soul - much like his namesake.



yarn details

Bernat Denim Style in Weathered Rose
70% Acrylic - 30% Soft Cotton
worsted weight
machine wash cool and tumble dry low
100 grams/196 yds @ $2.97 each (clearance)

pattern details
pattern: "Big Bad Baby Blanket" by Lisa Shobhana Mason on pg. 187 of Stitch 'n Bitch
needles: size 9 circulars
gauge: 15 stitches and 22 rows over 4'' in stockinette
size: final dimensions were 33.5'' by 34''
yarn used: just under four skeins - about 750 yards
time: May 1 - June 26, 2008
total cost: about $12

notes...

Labels: , , , , , ,