Finished! (Almost!)

I finished knitting the baby blanket last night. Here it is in all its glory:


Now I just need to weave in all the ends which I am sort of dreading (in excess of typical finishing dread) because the blanket is reversible, so I've got to be super stealthy with it. I think what I'm going to do is weave in the ends and then just put a tiny dab of glue on the last bit of weaving before I cut the end off. That way the little end won't pop out during baby play or washing. I tested it on a swatch and it makes a slight hard spot where the glue goes but I think that's going to be less noticeable than having the ends start poking out after the first time this thing is washed.

So, I've got to weave in the ends and then I'm going to steam block it into a perfect little square, then it'll be ready to go! It's more of a floor blanket to lay down for the baby than it is a blanket for the baby to snuggle in. It's nice and heavy and soft so it will be perfect to use as a little play mat.

Labels: , ,