The Rise and Fall of Cressida

Whoo hoo! Cruisin' right along on Cressida. Hmmm... that seems kind of long. I still have one round of increases left and it is already longer than this whole section should be....
CRAP! That instruction really said increase on each end of the row?? Well, I thought it was pretty stupid that I was only increasing on one side. It wasn't even. I should have investigated that gut reaction much sooner! Never mind, I will just frog back down to where the increases should be, drop the stitches, and squeeze the increases in.
Oh, duh. I can't start at the top increase. Let me mark the spots where each increase needs to be and I'll have to drop the stitches all the way down to that first marker.
Wow, this is going to be a real challenge to squeeze two and then three stitches into this space - and since it's on the edge I can only pull some slack from one side.
Well, I am determined not to frog, so I will manage to shove my crochet hook in and add in those stitches with brute force, even if it takes me 40 minutes to finish. But dammit! That finished "fix" is just not going to work out. Those three stitches are at least 1/3 of the gauge of the rest of the piece. (OK, probably exactly 1/3...)
Well, I didn't want to do it, but I'm going to have to frog back to row 10, before all the increases started. But at least I'm not frogging the whole thing! I'll still save my cast on and 10 rows.
Damnit, that breaker needle was just not at all straight. In fact, it was so all over the place that it's going to take me another 40 minutes to even it all out. Fine, knitting goddess, you win!! I will frog this whole damn thing because it will take me less time to cast on again and reknit those 10 rows I'm trying to save than it will take to play your sick little game.
AND THE YARN IS IN A KNOT NOW?!? WHY ME??? (photo enhanced to express emotion)
An hour and a half later, I'm exactly where I was 3 days ago.

Labels: ,