Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cozy up!

I cast on for the cashmere arm cosies last night (finally!) I am worried about the size here because of my last disappointing attempt at an arm warmer. I am vowing to myself that if this turns out to be too big - even if I have already finished one whole cozy - I will frog and start over at a smaller gauge.

I dutifully swatched the yarn last night, but you swatch in a rib pattern - so I don't know how the hell you're supposed to count the stitches. The fabric is just stretchy and unstable and the gauge changed every time I counted it out. I probably should have erred on the side of caution and started on smaller needles, but I like to make obvious mistakes and waste time. It's sort of my thing.

Oh, and the cashmere yarn is so soft! I think I'm in love! If a blend feels this nice I can't even imagine what it's like to knit with the real thing. Can a fiber be my valentine? Or is that weird?

2 comments:

  1. If it weren't for obvious mistakes and wasted time my days would be very boring. I hope these arm cozies fit better than the last ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say you learn more from your mistakes than you ever learn from doing stuff right the first time.

    ReplyDelete