Christmas Knitting

Well, I'm nearly done with my super secret gift project. I tried so hard to finish it up last night before I saw Joe (the giftee), but I gave up. I'm definitely going to finish it this afternoon, then I will post an FO later this week.

So far I haven't gotten any knitting done over this break. I swatched a little for my vest in the airport, but on the plane I just zoned out. My swatch is hideous and probably useless. I swatched in the round, which I hate. I'm not sure I'm in love with how this yarn is knitting up into the waffle stitch pattern. I think I'm just going to start the vest and see if (a) my gauge is completely off and (b) if the yarn is bad for this project. I'll report back.

In other news, for Christmas my parents got me a blocking board. It is awesome, but still in Boston so I don't have pics. Soon, my pets.

Labels: