Out of the Slump!

Last night I picked up the stitches for the second sleeve of Bluebell! ...I'll wait for applause... I knitted the first 14 rows in stockinette, then started the first purl band on the arm.

I was reminded the sleeves are knitted flat! :( I'm dreading sewing them up! And knitting flat on the circulars is really hard on those first few rows! The piece just won't stretch to the other side of the cable and I pulled the hell out of the side stitches - I hope I can fix the loosey-goosey look with seaming. If I ever knit this again I will definitely just use straights for the flat knitting parts. I appreciate Stephanie's desire to use one needle on the whole sweater - but I've got the straights so I might as well use 'em.

But the important thing is that I'M OUT OF THE SLUMP!! Bluebell will be finished in no time. I have tons and tons of work to do over the next week and I'm sure that with old bluey back on the needles she will become my choice vehicle of procrastination.

Labels: