Socks!!

OK, I know I have way too many WIPs and projects on the waiting list, but I couldn't wait to get started on my very first pair of socks.

This is the starter stockinette sock from Knit Socks, I'm about finished with the ribbing on the cuff. I did this last night instead of studying or sleeping:


I'm working with Wool-Ease so I will able able to machine wash the socks when I'm finished with them. Plus, if I screw up, I won't really care so much because it's just Wool-Ease. The color is called "blue mist" and it's one of my favorite colors in this yarn. I first bought a skein of it years ago to knit my mom a hat, then I used it to make the zeeby bag (sp?) from S&B - which was a total disaster and has been sitting in the frog pile ever since. So, I picked up another skein in this color for my socks and since I think I will run out - I plan to finally frog the hideous monstrosity and put it to good use. (Dye lots be damned!) I'm going to make the heel and toe a different color - "natural heather" - leftover from the handle of Scott's Bag. That makes this sock practically knit out of stash yarn, right?

Labels: , , ,