Friday, June 22, 2007

FO: Cotton Headband

I made this headband to hold my hair back while I am wearing a mask or washing my face. Pretty utilitarian, but a finished object nonetheless.

I brilliantly used velcro for a closure. It's the new kind that irons on. I was a little skeptical, but the bond is really strong. Hooray for velcro innovation!

yarn details
yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots - in my stash without a label, just a little note that said "cotton tots."

findings:
velcro; $5 at Joanns

pattern details
pattern: my own design - 3 inch wide band of seed stitch with two rows of single crochet around the entire thing; ended up being about 25'' (laid flat)
needles: size 7 straights, D crochet hook
gauge: 20 stitches X 25 rows over 4" in seed st
time: 2 hours
entertainment: BSG and 90210

notes
- this ended up being way too wide and way too long - I underestimated how much wider the crochet border would make it and I didn't account for the stretch factor with the length. I guess I didn't think seed stitch would be that stretchy - especially with the crochet all around.
- burnt a small spot when I was ironing on the velcro... couldn't help it. David proposed to Donna and my attention was obviously pulled away from ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment