FO: Flirty Skirty

I saw them knit this skirt on DIY's Knitty Gritty in kind of a gross orange color, but I really loved the butterfly stitch pattern and the flirty ruffle on the bottom. When I read on Vickie Howell's blog that this skirt was actually inspired by a children's skirt that is supposed to look like a mermaid I instantly fell in love with it! It's funny how one detail can make all the difference, huh? Take one look at it and tell me it doesn't totally remind you of a mermaid tail! I knitted the majority of this skirt on the plane to and from Boston when I visited in February.
Close-up:

yarn details
Lion Brand Microspun in color 144 Lilac
DK weight
100% microfiber acrylic
machine wash & dry
70 gram/168 yd. per ball @ $3.99 each at Roberts

findings

elastic for waist band, free

project details

pattern: "Flirty Skirty" by Tina Marrin, demonstrated on Knitty Gritty
gauge: dk?
needle sizes: size 5 straights and circs
time: 30 hours?
yarn used: 4 balls (-ish)
total cost: $16 (though really more because I had to buy all the needles)

modifications
-yarn sub from wool/cotton to acrylic, in hopes it won't stretch over my butt as much.

Labels: , ,